Touchdown Padang City, Indonesia! 💓

As I stepped outside the plane and felt the warm touch of the wind blowing in Padang, I thought to myself, "am I really here? Oh! This is it, there's no turning back. Fighting!" I never imagined that I'd be gone with this once in a lifetime experience; as we went outside the airport, we saw Miss Ari and Cinto waving a paper with "SEA TEACHER PARTICIPANT" written on it. They are the first two Indonesians we have met. 
We took some pictures and then exchanged our US dollars for Indonesian Rupiah, and we were surprised to find a million in there! Waaaah! We're quite a millionaire!
 Miss Ari and Cinto drive us to Lamun Ombak after a long flight. Miss Ari is the one wearing a hijab in the picture. Lamun Ombak is a restaurant where you can eat all of the food that is displayed and only pay for the meat that you have touched or eaten. Isn't it amazing? We were shocked when we first saw that because there are only 7 of us who will eat all of the food at the long table, take note, long table! I've tried every dish on the table; they're all spicy and delicious! And my favorite food is called "Goreng balado," and it's actually a fish.  After eating, we went to Universitas Negeri Padang to pick up the other buddies who were waiting for us. Waaah! I was nervous and shy because I was going to meet my buddy and this would be the start of my English speaking war.
We went to the girls' dorm after we arrived at the university. I could still remember our dorm's address, which is Jl. Hiddayah no. 8, Dadok Tunggul Hittam Waaah! The memories we made with the other participants and buddies are still vivid in my mind. Anyway, the picture you're looking at is of my friend, her name is Kharisma Khairunnisa "Rima" for short, a cute name, isn't it? That was my very first photograph with my adorable and kind pal. After some small talk, reminders, and a tour of our dorm, they just let us rest, figuring that since we had a long flight to Padang and it was already 4 o'clock in the afternoon, it would be best for us to just rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SEA TEACHER STUDENT REPORT

TREASURED! 🔐🔐🔐

HEY BUDS!